Main Store

The Main Store at Grytviken, dating from c. 1920, was used to store spare parts, nuts, bolts, pipes and fittings for the whaling station operations. The Main Store and its contents remain largely unchanged from the mid 1960’s (when the whalers left Grytviken, expecting to return for another season of whaling.) These artefacts represent a … Continue reading Main Store