A board of International Trustees, independent of all Government agencies, direct the Trust. Trust funds are used in pursuit of the Trust’s purposes.
Trustees include UK, Norwegian, Swedish and United States citizens. Trustees take advice from other important international institutions that have expertise and an interest in South Georgia. The Trust is registered as a charity in Scotland with representation in Norway and the USA.
The Trustees are:
- Bjorn Basberg, Norway, Economic Historian – Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration.
- Jane Bevan, A PR professional with over 30 years’ experience, Jane’s PR company Firebird worked with SGHT from 2011 to 2019. Jane is also a qualified teacher of Environmental Studies and has held senior communications roles in two UK wildlife charities and in the museum sector.
- Alexander Borodin, Businessman and explorer.
- Jan Cheek, Falkland Islands – prominent Falklands business woman brought up on South Georgia, elected to the Falkland Islands Assembly.
- Gustav Ellingsen, Norway, Head of Treasury – Gearbulk Management Switzerland AG.
- John Hall, Polar Operations Group and former Head of Operations and Logistics, British Antarctic Survey.
- Denise Landau, Antarctic tourism expert and former Executive Director of IAATO.
- Frederik Paulsen, Sweden, Industrialist – Ferring Holding SA.
- Nick Prentice, Treasurer and Global Council Member of BirdLife International, and retired EY partner. (SGHT Chair)
- Mike Richardson, former Head of the Polar Regions Unit, Foreign Commonwealth Office (SGHT Vice Chairman).
- Elaine Shemilt, Dean of External Relations at Duncan of Jordanstone School of Design and Director of Centre for Remote Environments (SGHT Vice Chairman).
The executive staff are:
- Liz Adams – Museum shop buyer
- Lynn Barrowman – Administrator
- Andrew Davies – Director of Fundraising
- Jayne Dunn – South Georgia Museum Curator
- Stig Tore Lunde – SGHT Norway executive
- Sarah Lurcock – SGHT Director on South Georgia
- Maria Mackenzie – Trust Fundraiser
- Alison Neil – Chief Executive of SGHT
- Marie Shafi – Database/Website Developer