A board of International Trustees, independent of all Government agencies, direct the Trust. Trust funds are used in pursuit of the Trust’s purposes.
Trustees include UK, Norwegian, Swedish and United States citizens. Trustees take advice from other important international institutions that have expertise and an interest in South Georgia. The Trust is registered as a charity in Scotland with representation in Norway and the USA.
The Trustees are:
- Bjorn Basberg, Norway, Economic Historian – Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration.
- Jane Bevan, A PR professional with over 30 years’ experience, Jane’s PR company Firebird worked with SGHT from 2011 to 2019. Jane is also a qualified teacher of Environmental Studies and has held senior communications roles in two UK wildlife charities and in the museum sector. (SGHT Vice Chairman)
- Alexander Borodin, Businessman and explorer.
- Gustav Ellingsen, Norway, Head of Treasury – Gearbulk Management Switzerland AG.
- John Hall, Polar Operations Group and former Head of Operations and Logistics, British Antarctic Survey.
- Denise Landau, Antarctic tourism expert and former Executive Director of IAATO.
- Richard McKee, Falkland Islands, former Executive Officer and Operations Director, Government of South Georgia & the South Sandwich Islands.
- Frederik Paulsen, Sweden, Industrialist – Ferring Holding SA.
- Nick Prentice, Treasurer and Global Council Member of BirdLife International, and retired EY partner. (SGHT Chair)
- Mike Richardson, former Head of the Polar Regions Unit, Foreign Commonwealth Office.
- Malcolm Roberts, Retired MD Rothschild and Kleinwort Benson private banks, Trustee and Chair London University Investment Cmttee.
- Prof. Elaine Shemilt, Professor, Director of Centre for Remote Environments Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art , University of Dundee.
The executive staff are:
- Liz Adams – Museum shop buyer
- Lynn Barrowman – Administrator
- Andrew Davies – Director of Fundraising
- Jayne Pierce – South Georgia Museum Curator
- Stig Tore Lunde – SGHT Norway executive
- Sarah Lurcock – SGHT Director on South Georgia
- Alison Neil – Chief Executive of SGHT
- Marie Shafi – Database/Website Developer
- Stephanie Strutt – Trusts Fundraising Manager